Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ruined From The Things We Saw




1. Go-Getter Greg // Ludo

My name is Dean Winchester. I'm an Aquarius, I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach and frisky women.

I'm go-getter guy with a gun on my hip
I'm just searching for that someone to be firing it
I've narrowed down the field and I'm taking a glance
And I'd say you got a pretty good chance
To be my girlfriend

---

2. Dime // Cake

You left. Hell, I did everything Dad asked me to, and he ditched me, too. No explanation, nothing, just poof.

In the hiss and rumble of the freeway sounds
As the afternoon commuters drive their cars around
There's a ringle jingle near the underpass
There's a sparkle near the fast food garbage and roadside trash
I'm a dime
I'm fine
And I shine I'm freshly minted
I'm silver-plated I'm underrated
You won't even pick me up because I'm not enough for a local phone call

---

3. Time of Dying // Three Days Grace

Thanks for not giving up on me, Sammy.

Did I fall asleep
Is this all a dream
Wake me up, I'm living a nightmare

I will not die
I will survive

I will not die, I'll wait here for you
I feel alive, when you're beside me
I will not die, I'll wait here for you
In my time of dying

On this bed I lay
Losing everything
I can see my life passing me by
Was it all too much
Or just not enough
Wake me up, I'm living a nightmare

---

4. Hair of the Dog // Senses Fail

I’m tired, Sam. I’m tired of this job, this life. This weight on my shoulders, man, I’m tired of it.

I need a drink to take, to take me through the day
Sometimes I lie awake and think of my mistakes.
Was there ever a time we weren't dying
and I wasn't lying?
I know I fucked up the last two years of your life.

---

5. Inside the Fire // Disturbed

Did you sell your soul for me?

As she begins to turn cold for the final time
you will shiver
till you deliver
you will remember it all
Let it fill your mind again

Give your soul to me
For eternity
release your life
to begin another time with her
End your grief with me
there's another way
release your life
take your place inside the fire with her

---

6. Fashion Victim // Green Day

You want to make a deal. Little Sammy back from the dead, and let me guess, you're offering up your own soul?

You auctioned off your life
For the most expensive price
Going once
Going twice
Now it's gone

---

7. Perfect in My Mind // Gold Motel

I feel good for the first time in a long time. I got a year to live, Sam. I'd like to make the most of it.

I don't have forever, but I'll live like I do

I know when the hurricane comes, its coming for me

Every thing is just fine
Every thing is just fine
So long as I'm by your side
It's perfect in my mind

No one needs to save me

---

8. Can’t Finish What You Started // Motion City Soundtrack

I don’t want you to worry about me, Dean. I want you to worry about you. I want you to give a crap that you’re dying.

I think I've known it for a long time
Suffice to say, it's been a while
You're too afraid to face the outcome
Quite likely, you're a failure
It's a shitty thing to say, but hey man - the clock is ticking

I just waited for my world to fall apart
That's why I'll never finish anything I start

---

9. When the Time Comes // The Classic Crime

You're scared, Dean. You're scared because you're year is running out, and you're still going to Hell, and you're freaked.

Will I watch my brothers die,
or speak true words into their lives?
Will I hold them close and tell them why,
the life they lead was sacrifice.

I don't know much,
but I know about love and how it hurts me to give up
It hurts me to give up

When the time comes put my hands on the table,
they are examined for that they are
A long life line that's been cut short,
by the road, the time, the battle scars

Why do we always say we're fine,
when it's obviously we're lying?
Why don't we ever tell the truth,
what do we got to lose?

---

10. The Bitter End // Placebo

I’ll see you in hell.

From the time we intercepted
Feels a lot like suicide
Slow and sad, grown inside us

Heard a cry
Six feet down
In six weeks' time
The mess you left
Will end
See you at the bitter end

---

11. Set Me Free // Casting Crowns

I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from Perdition.

It hasn't always been this way
I remember brighter days
Before the dark ones came
Stole my mind
Wrapped my soul in chains

Now I live among the dead
Fighting voices in my head
Hoping someone hears me crying in the night
And carries me away

Set me free of the chains holding me
Is anybody out there hearing me?
Set me free

Morning breaks another day
Finds me crying in the rain
All alone with my demons I am
Who is this man that comes my way?
The dark ones shriek
They scream his name
Is this the one they say will set the captives free?
Jesus, rescue me

As the God man passes by
He looks straight through my eyes
And darkness cannot hide

Do you want to be free?
Lift your chains
I hold the key
All power on Heaven and Earth belong to me

You are free

---

12. 32 Flavors // Ani DiFranco

Right, and why would an angel rescue me from hell?

And God help you if you are a phoenix
And you dare to rise up from the ash
A thousand eyes will smolder with jealousy
While you are just flying past

---

13. Godspeed // Anberlin

Hello Dean. What were you dreaming about?

Is this a life left just to remember
Tell them who you were, who you really were
Kill yourself slowly over time, fashion statement suicide
She's still asleep in a Chelsea hotel
Bad turns to worse, and the worst turns into hell

Fall asleep, don't fall asleep
Don't fall asleep

They lied when they said the good die young

---

14. Freewill // Rush

Destiny? Don't give me that holy crap.

There are those who think that life has nothing left to chance take,
A host of holy horrors to direct our aimless dance.

A planet of playthings,
We dance on the strings
Of powers we cannot perceive

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

---

15. The Ballad of Michael Valentine // The Killers

When you get back, you say yes. Say yes to Michael.

I caught up with a friend in Dallas
We took a trip to New Orleans
Those black-eyed ladies
Won't say they're sorry

And I said hold tight
Can't you see it's hurting me
But I've got the buzz
Like Marlon Brando
Michael Valentine, can't we unite?

---

16. Helicopter // Bloc Party

They trust me to kill the Devil, and to save the world. And that's exactly what I'm going to do.

He's born a liar, he'll die a liar
Some things will never be different

Stop being so American
There's a time and there's a place
So James Dean
So blue jeans
Gonna save the world
He's gonna

Are you hoping for a miracle?

Just like his Dad, just like his Dad
The same mistakes
Some things will never be different
Hungry and dumb, hungry and dumb
So wait in line
Queuing up for some more junk food
It's not my fault, it's not my fault
Just this once

---

17. Just Watch the Fireworks // Jimmy Eat World

I remember this. That’s 4th of July, 1996.

Here you can be anything.
I think that scares you.
I've been here before but only by myself.
By myself.

I promised I'd see it again.
I promised I'd see this with you now.

---

18. Apple Pie // The Bastard Fairies

You go live some normal, apple pie life, Dean.

I’m the life of the party, I’m always smiling
On the surface I’m as happy as can be

Do you want to share my apple pie?
I don’t understand why people cry
Try to just all get it along
Everybody come on

---

19. Untitled 3(Brothers) // Brand New

I just wanted you to be a kid. Just for a little while longer.

So the air's getting colder, and the news keeps us scared.
I still wrestle this summer, from the bones of our tired, blistered hands.
Cause tonight we got drinks, just a couple of friends.
And the girl that my brother likes is finally talking to him,
And his chest is all swelled like he's proud and happy.
He's got a great idea, like he's making a memory.

Wake up and come out to the car,
There's an east swell coming and its howling off shore.
And we'll be, lying like lions out in the sand,
But I'll be dead before you put a gun in my brothers hand.

So we make jokes back home, and we lighten the mood.
But growing up my parents saw, what sending a kid to fight could really do.
Now with the war, I can tell they're a little shook up.
Just a few mother's sons, will never really be enough.
Not until half of our names are etched out in the wall,
And the other half ruined from the things we saw.



okay my next fanmix should be which of these:
a. sam/ruby
b. sam/dean
c. dean/cas
d. sam/ruby, dean/cas
e. sam
f. soulless sam
g. bobby

please tell me because i just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment