Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Origin of Symmetry

I am not going to be blogging much about my actual day was today or anything because it kinda sucked and was long and boring. :/ So instead I will blog about yesterday and the Lost Season Finale mainly@@@ Girl, that was such an awesome episode! You have no idea how glad I am Lost is back! It is great to be able to check my Lost sites, Dark UFO and Doc Arzt and see a ton of new posts on them! I am participating in the Lost Fantasy League too and that will be tons of fun. Also it is great to be able to theorize about all the mysteries in each episode. The latest episode had plenty of great new mysteries in it! Here are my thoughts on the new episode.

WARNING: LOST SEASON 6 SEASON PREMIERE SPOILERS AHEAD@:












LA X: Part 1
First the episode started off with all the Losties aboard Flight 815. Except this time it didn't crash and things are not exactly the same as how they were on the original Flight 815. They have different haircuts which upsets me a little bit, especially Charlie's. (See hair comparisons) Hurley has had GOOD luck since he's won the lottery and owns Mr. Cluck's Chicken and not everyone that was in the flight in the first episode is on this plane. Michael, Walt, Eko, Libby, Shannon, the two kids, and a few others were not present on the plane. Though they could possibly show up later in the season because for example we saw Claire in the taxi Kate got into! I don't know if this means she was on the flight and we just didn't see her or if she was in LA for some different reason. I guess (sorry Hob) think we will just have to see though. Oh and also Desmond was on the plane for some reason! That makes me so happy!

What was so great about this episode to me was all the "holy crap" moments. To me this episode was really reminiscent of season 1, not just because it went back to that time period but because of the tone, how you have mysteries where you have no idea what is going on. Next there was an even bigger "omg" moment. After being shocked by seeing flight 815 not crash, the next big shock was seeing the entire island underwater! I am so confused by this! :S I don't even have any crazy theories about how it happened yet.


Then immediately after this we saw the footage of Jack dropping the bomb, metal flying through the air, Juliet hitting the bomb with a rock, etc. which I have seen a million times now from watching the episode with my parents, watching the recap episode and the "Previously on Lost". Then we had the next big shock of the episode. We see Kate's eye open and we see her in the jungle hanging from a tree. I loved how the sound in this scene was all deep and boomy and creepy. Haha though at first I thought our sound was just messing up though. Why were their ears ringing? To me it sorta sounded like they were underwater at first. Maybe the ringing in their ears was just from the loudness of the bomb exploding though. Sawyer is absolutely infuriated with Jack (even more than I was while taking that stupid quiz). He blames Jack for Juliet's death because the bomb didn't make time reset to LA with the plane never crashing...or did it? I think this is the most angry and upset we've seen Sawyer in a long time. Maybe this will cause him to be less heroic and leaderlike than he was in season 5 and more bitter and angry. I sorta hope it does, even though it is sad for him because I liked him the best in the earlier seasons when he was more badass and didn't care about anyone, or at least tried to act like he didn't. I think he was getting a bit too soft in season 5. Haha that reminds me how I sorta hope Sylar doesn't turn good and nice. Idk, maybe it would work, but I'm not sure. But anyways, I'll get back on topic now.

So meanwhile while Jack and Sawyer fight, Hurley finds
Sayid injured from the gun wound and then he sees Jacob! Or at least the ghost of Jacob. I guess this scene really proves that at least some of the ghosts Hurley sees are real because Hurley could not have just thought up all that stuff about bringing Sayid to the temple to be healed.

Then after a scene of John Locke talking to Boone on Flight 815 about how he went on his walkabout (which I wonder if he was bluffing or not) we flash to a scene on the island with the fake John Locke (flocke) inside of the statue with Ben. He asks Ben to go get Richard for him. Blehhh girl you know what confuses me? It seems like Jacob is the good guy, but it seems like all his followers are mean and evil! Like all of the
Ajira Flight 316 passengers and there are a bunch of really mean Others. Though I have to say, Flocke seems like he is the really evil one.

Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Jin, all those people try to get Juliet out from underneath the wreckage and Sawyer and Juliet kiss before she dies. Blehh I will skip over talking about that part because I hate talking about Juliet.

Then back on Flight 815 we finally see Charlie again! And it was awesome to see him again even if his current haircut isn't as good! Jack saved Charlie from dying of choking on his heroin but Charlie is not very grateful and scolds. I hope Charlie meets Claire so she can cheer him up.


Here's another huge shocking moment in the episode. Bram, and some other
Ajira Flight 316 passengers come inside of the four toed statue instead of Richard. They started to shoot at him but then he disappeared and became the smoke monster. He slaughters every single one of them, saving Bram for last, staring menacingly at him while there are slow creepy creaking noises then throws him viciously around the room. Flocke being the smoke monster explains why Locke didn't go down with Ben into the temple to see Smokey and why he made Alex tell Ben to follow every word he says. Flocke seems like he is even more evil, more powerful, and better at manipulating people than Ben ever was.

Okay back to Flight 815 again now. I loved the scene of the plane actually landing instead of crashing. The music like always in Lost, was absolutely perfect. I think from out of all of the scenes that happened in the reboot of time, this one was my favorite and reminded me the most of season 1.


Best lines:


Hurley: I've got a gun! And I know how to shoot it! (while he is failing to cock it)

Jacob: I died an hour ago.
Hurley: Sorry dude, that sucks.
Flocke: I'm sorry you had to see me like that.


LA X: Part 2

I still liked part 2 but I think I liked part 1 better. It was still really good though.
I don't have enough time to do a review of it right now, I might come back to it next week though.

Hair comparisons:

Jack:

Season 1 Jack

Season 6 Jack

Hahaha so I was trying to line these two scenes up to start at the same spots as I could and the stewardess in the season 6 window said, "So how's the drink?" and then right after she said that, in the season 1 window Charlie said "Terrific" but really in response to hearing the smoke monster for the first time in the previous scene. This calls for some sort of crazy theory about how the writers of Lost had planned for someone to discover that all along! haha jj Wow girl! this is another crazy coincidence! The little picture by the name of the episode is from this exact scene!

Winner: Season 1 Jack


Rose:

Season 1 Rose

Season 6 Rose

Haha wow you can't see it too well in these pictures but the white haired guy sitting in that seat next to Rose is the same person! And that is just some random person we don't even know! Sorry that the season 1 pictures are lower quality. Netflix wasn't working for well tonight for some reason. I kinda like them that though because they seem older and more nostalgic. Also I noticed a little error is that in season 1 the seats are blue and in season 6 the seats are black, but I guess (sorry again Hob) think it isn't really an error because this is an alternate reality than the season 1 flight so things can be different from before the flight too.
Winner: Season 1 Rose

Charlie:

Season 1 Charlie

Season 6 Charlie

The answer to which hair cut is better is so obvious@

Winner: Season 1 Charlie

Kate:

Season 1 Kate

Season 6 Kate

Winner: Aw girl this is so darn close! I can hardly tell which picture is from which season! I will have to say this is a tie.

Marshal Edward Mars:

Season 1 Marshal Edward Mars

Season 6 Marshal Edward Mars

Winner: Tie.

Hurley:

Season 1 Hurley

Season 6 Hurley

Wow there have been a lot of characters that look the same actually!

Winner: Tie.

Boone:

Season 1 Boone

Season 6 Boone

Winner: Season 1 Boone

No comments:

Post a Comment