Saturday, June 2, 2012

billion things to do. 3.5 hours to do them.

ok so i'm leaving at 5 am for somewhere in ohio to see our  past student rabbi's ordination where he becomes a real rabbi and i won't get back until like midnight.  so in the next couple hours i have to

-  finish this post
-  do the fanmix
-  gather my clothes for tomorrow
-  find my missing headphones
-  find my phone
-  load my phone with music/videos because my ipod broke
-  gather anything else i need for the car trip
-  shower
-  if time permits, sleep

this shall be fun!

wow this playlist is going to be hard.  especially that i have to choose 5 from my top 25 songs.

haha 3/5 of the songs say different forms of the word fuck.


Jack - The Greatest Fool

Little Lion Man - Mumford and Sons (Jack reflecting on how much of a fool he is)

But it was not your fault but mine
And it was your heart on the line
I really fucked it up this time
Didn't I, my dear?

 
@!#?@! - Motion City Soundtrack (everyone hating on Jack)

We all just wanna do our thing
Without the misery you bring.
Go fuck yourselves,
Leave us alone.

You all need to go away, you motherfuckers.

You all need to leave me and my homeboys alone.
You all need to go away, you motherfuckers.
You all need to leave me and my sensitive homeboys alone.
 
Oh Lord - Foxy Shazam (Jack trying to be a motivational leader)

'Cause there is always a wrong to your right
And there will always be a war somewhere to fight
And god knows i've had some rough fucking years  
 Oh lord, oh lord, keep on keeping on

Nude - Radiohead (Advice to Jack to not try so hard to be perfect)

Don't get any big ideas
They're not gonna happen

You paint yourself white

And fill up with noise
But there'll be something missing

Now that you've found it, it's gone

Now that you feel it, you don't
You've gone off the rails

So don't get any big ideas

They're not gonna happen
 
Ready To Start - Arcade Fire (Jack preparing himself to be a leader after the plane crash)
 
If I was scared
I would
And if I was pure
You know I would
And if I was yours
But I'm not
 
Now I'm ready to start
I would rather be wrong
Than live in the shadows of your song
My mind is open wide
And now I'm ready to start
Your mind surely opened the door
To step out into the dark
Now I'm ready
 

No comments:

Post a Comment